Friday, July 6, 2012

Gotta' Get Down on Friday!

Dear Reader,

Quick update, today's Friday. So date night tomight! Also, just wanted to randomly mention that if you haven't read the full Narnia series, you need to get your act together and get on that!

On a more serious note, last night I found such a blessing in my relationship with Jeffrey. He was able to meet up with Chris Jacobsen and talk about man-stuff (i.e. leadership, marriage, ...golf) and it was so nice to have him come over afterward and just hear all the encouragement he felt. He went over how he wants to be a more committed spiritual leader, meaning he wants to be in the word more intentionally and often, and different plans for engagement and marriage someday. It was just great to hear his heart for leadership, which in turn is just showing how much he cares for me.

If there's one thing I want to share for this, I would like the men and women out there who will possibly pursue marriage to remember how important friendship is. Without those intentional loving relationships, outside of our boyfriend/girlfriend (or spousal) relationships, we will miss out on so much encouragement and a huge blessing. If there's a piece of advise I could give to people in relationships, don't forget your close friends, and keep pursuing them just as you did (or more) when you weren't dating. For those who are single, don't be so bent on finding the right guy you forget how to be single and have fun, intentional time with people of the same sex, you'll regret that later on.

Another thing that's on my heart today is just how exciting the future seems. It's crazy to think all of it is right around the corner. Even the exciting possibilities my career could take in the next few months are crazy. At the end of the day though, I'm glad to be right where I am, no matter what tomorrow might bring. It's also just super-encouraging to get to know my future mother-in-law (assuming everything goes well :) ). Just how much advice and support she's given in the past few months pushes me (and Jeffrey too) to be more wise in the decisions we're making.

Basically, today I feel blessed. I've been hanging on this verse in Philippians all week because of it:

12 Not that I have already obtained [righteousness] or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.  
13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,  
14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.  
16 Only let us hold true to what we have attained.
[items in parenthesis added]

It's just spoken so much grace into my heart. If Christ has made me His own, peace and righteousness are now my own as well. I have not in any way reached the goal, but I know very well that I will someday be made completely righteous, so I have no need to grieve or fear my failure. Instead I can rejoice in my past, present, future, knowing I'm under the law of grace. Which is just awesome.

Chelsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment