Tuesday, June 5, 2012

He's Still Singing.

So Reader,

I've been debating keeping this blog. The consistent views are all that's really keeping me from doing so. I haven't posted in quite awhile but I'm still getting more and more page views, which is encouraging. Life has been crazy lately!

This past week a couple amazing things happened. I woke up one morning last week to Mr. Opportunity knocking. Something I realized this good friend is that he doesn't always present me with opportunities I ask for, but they're exciting nonetheless. The less exciting opportunity was one to pray for change. A mission I've undergone the past year is falling through, although its been dwindling for quite awhile. Needless to say it's quite disappointing, but it brings a whole multitude of lessons learned and possibilities that excites me.
The same day I saw an old friendship re-ignite and that person continue to pursue active repentance and show genuine improvement. Also, exciting.
Lastly, there is an exciting update with Ecuador I'm dying to share with you all, but cannot until everything has begun to be set in motion. After that point, I probably won't shut up about it! What I can say, is that we desperately need your prayer on this one. We'll get back to that soon.

Something I've yet to mention is that I'm currently in the process of trying to switch occupations. I've left school behind for now, and possibly forever unless something changes, in order to pursue child care. I'm hoping to get a position as a full-time nanny. It was crazy that I didn't see sooner that this is exactly the position God's been calling me to fill. Again, hopefully we'll hear more about this later!

One other opportunity I've forgotten to mention, a last, but not least type, was that I recently adopted an adorable fur-ball. His name is Nugget, and he's just about as awesome as a kitten can be:

Still looking for a place to live, unfortunately. But in the mean time I'm super busy! I also have a new place in ministry at Matthias. We are not starting our first-ever Middle School/High School ministry. It's such an exciting vision we've cast and I'm overjoyed to be a part of it. The basis is a discipleship driven, fellowship focused mind-set where kids are encouraged to grow closer to each other, Jesus, and disciples. NOT being a group solely based on events and fun activities. They don't have a separate service, we're not going to do the lock-in style traditional youth group, and it sounds like the best idea ever!

The underlying theme in all of this just screams grace. It reminds me so much that God is looking after, and even singing His love over me. It reminds me that He is so loving, because I definitely don't deserve to be in the place I find myself. After everything that's happened the past year, it also reminds me that God redeems.

I'm so excited to keep sharing with you. So much more to come!

Chelsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment