Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lift Your Eyes

Dear Reader,

Looka-here, we have a header font!

This week has been so good. I say that, even though the events that have been happening, from the outside should be kind of discouraging, but for some reason the Lord has made what should despair joyful!

This past year I've been blogging (too much) about plans and future goals and desires. From the begging of the year I've already changed career paths numerous times, went back and forth about going back to LU, changed jobs and debated doing it again, etc. etc...

Basically all those plans have been "falling through". Many Christians call this "God closing doors", which seems like a pretty pessimistic way to view a situation. However its more like God is looking out for me. My desires may be good, but it doesn't mean this is the good that God has for me. For instance, my desire this year (originally) was get a full-time job, build up my credit, go back to school and graduate w/ a CMS degree, somehow date Jeffrey (or wait three years to!) and disciple one younger girl. None of those worked out (except the boyfriend ;]), which normally would be disappointing and discouraging, but what's great is that the Lord can give peace in this. 

It seems to be less like a door closing and more like God keeping me from running into dead-end walls. It's also a bit more exciting, because it shows His control over my future, gives me excitement in that surprise, and shows He cares about where I'm headed. It seems like God is always the best at showing He cares for me and knows how to woo me better than anyone. What a blessing. 

Chelsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment