Monday, June 25, 2012

My Boyfriend.

Dear Readers,

It is such a blessing to come back to this and see the views are consistent even when the posts are not! How encouraging!

Today I want to speak about the obvious, this awesome man God has blessed my life with. My hope is that this is not a vain opportunity to brag, but that this would encourage those in a time of struggle and also be a opportunity for us to rejoice together! What a wonderful gift God gives us in these temporary relationships we have in this life.

Lately, my thankfulness for Jeffrey has been somewhat hindered. My heart started becoming very focused on what leadership I thought I needed. As women, I feel like it's such an easy tendency to look at other men and expect our boyfriends/husbands to lead just like them, or to look at what culture or our emotions say we need and forget what God has already provided. Because of this sin-issue, I forgot to be thankful for God had provided. So yesterday as I prayed for contentment and for my love to grow, God showed me what He had for me, instead of what I thought I needed.
I started out the day, and ended the day, with random emotional mood swings (yay for being a girl!), yet throughout the day it was great to see Jeffrey consistently be patient and understanding, even trying to help in any way he could. He would never respond to how I was acting with frustration, but tried very hard to put himself in my shoes, which only made it easier for me.
My biggest struggle is with self-confidence, and this was the main thing I was dealing with yesterday. At our soccer game it was the worst, because I'm really not very good! I tried to settle a ball from a cross-over with my body, but my first reaction was to use my arm so it was called out by the ref. Immediately I poured out all my poor self-talk and went to the bench to wallow. When Jeffrey got off the field all he had were encouraging words and kept pushing me to be confident like he did all day. My play time from that point on improved only because I actually took to heart what he said.
At that moment I realized that what God really had for me was not a man that I thought I needed, but what he had for me was a very strong emotional leader. Jeffrey's major strengths fulfill my deepest needs. He listens and understands better than anyone I know,  he thinks with reason and logic and knows the scripture well and uses it very practically. What a gift this is!

I say this not to boast or brag, because this is by grace and because of that there's hope for all in Christ! For anyone out there who is struggling loving that person, my encouragement is to take a step back and pray! What's beautiful about this is Him revealing the beauty in your relationship is something He does so He in turn can be glorified, so He will answer!
For anyone at the other end of the prayer, keep praying that your hands and feet would respond to the grace shown to you! And remind that person constantly (use the Love Languages!) of how much they mean to you.

I hope this was an encouragement to you, it was one of those debatable posts for me.

Thanks all for reading!

Chelsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment