Tuesday, April 17, 2012

End of Tax Season!

Dear Reader,

Thank goodness tax season is over! Now work is going to slow down by so much and I'll have time for other things in life! What a relief.

So, to update you on this past week, I spent some time with my family last Thursday on my day off playing Frisbee golf. It was so nice to get together with them to do something all of us enjoyed. It made me sad though, because I long for it to be this summer so my boyfriend can actually join us and get to know them better.
On that note, said boyfriend came into to town this weekend and we had a great time. I saw the Hunger Games with him (finally!) and went to a few meals with each other, family, and soon-to-be family. Other than that we had a good old time doing a whole lot of nothing, which is my favorite activity when we're together and some really awesome talks about relationship that are going to fuel the fire for one of my next Daughters of the King posts.

Now to the meat of what I want to say today. Today the truth just seems to be more than enough, which is how I wish it was every day. I've been reading a lot in Isaiah about God's grace and I've come to the conclusion that we under-appreciate grace.I find myself worrying a lot about proximity to God or about falling into my sins again and again. I find myself in so many "dry spells"' and struggling to find my place in grace.
I already knew this, but God always lights this up in new ways for me to understand every now and then, that grace is something we claim, not just feel. We may feel far from Him, but we are still no father than the moment of salvation or our deepest prayers. You see there are only to areas to be, in His grace or out of it. To be a son of disobedience or a son of the Most High. A wicked man or a righteous man. Sometimes we act like the opposite, but God's grace is still sufficient.
I see it kind of like this, and it helps me understand what is spiritually happening when I feel out of reach. Satan hurls accusations all day long at the throne. The sad part is all of them are true, but Satan forgets that God is good and forgiving and merciful. So at this point we can choose to believe the lies or we can join in combat. We have grace as a weapon and a plea to the enemy of grace. We claim Christ, the promises of God, the seal of the Holy Spirit, and what else can be said. A lot of times we disguise the enemy's voice as our own thoughts or even what we believe God thinks of us (so be weary of what is true and what is not)

I was reminded of all this from two things. One was a song by Bethany Dillon called "So Close". The line that hits me most is, "I'm so close, when I feel far away from You." I would suggest you take a listen to the lyrics, they're beautiful. The second, as I mentioned earlier, was from Isaiah 12. The whole chapter, but specifically this part:
3 "With joy youwill draw water from the wells of salvation.  
4 And you will say in that day:
'Give thanks to the Lord,
call upon his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples,
proclaim that his name is exalted.'"

Be encouraged, and carry on.

Chelsy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment