Saturday, March 31, 2012

Home.

Reader,
Good news, if you're reading this I now have 1,000 page views (Hoorah!). Also, reading this means I'm back from Ecuador. My story since then involves getting off the plane, going home, doing laundry, packing up and heading to Kentucky to surprise my boyfriend for his 22nd birthday. So currently, he's watching me write this and it's weird...

Anywhoosle, (sp?)
I'm assuming I need to write about Ecuador since that's the cliche thing to do on here. Unfortunately, there's way too much to say on the topic and I'd rather say it all in person. What I will say is my one-liner for those who are going to ask, "How was Ecuador," and probably not really want to hear much more and I'll explain the one-liner a little.
Marc asked all of us to be prepared to explain Ecuador in one sentence and mine was "God is good." My reasoning for picking this cliche phrase (I almost hate to use that word multiple times in one post) is because God used this trip to transform all of us, answered our desperate prayers, and showed us miracles. Two men gave their lives to him, 29 sinful people grew into a community, the missionaries we encouraged, and two churches, thousands of miles from each other, acted as family.
So that's Ecuador for me if there was ever a way to sum up such an amazing week in brief.

In other news, today I spent the day attempting to play table tennis and yesterday attempting to play soccer and starting Monday I settle into a 10-hour-a-day work schedule (don't worry I get a day off!). In the upcoming months I'm waiting to hear back from Jenna Immergoot about possibly participating in Breakdown STL, same for Juanma (leader in Ecuador) about organizing some support for Tena, and waiting to see about the possibility of moving out of the house.

TTFN,

Chelsy.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you that you had an opportunity to have this life changing experience. It is true that God changes ALL those involved for His good purpose. Will look forward to hearing about this AMAZING time in your life. Love you :) --- Lisa Danko Dunakey

    ReplyDelete