Monday, September 17, 2012

Love That Will Not Let Me Go.

Dear Readers,

I'm happy to inform you that my first few weeks at the apartment have been very encouraging. We're all settled in now. It's Lisa, Kelsey, Krystal and me living here now. It's been so good to see that we all have something in common that we can share, but Krystal is definitely the one I can connect with most and the heart I most admire. It's amazing what all has happened since moving in, in my heart and in life itself.

I'm finally in a God-ordained discipling relationship, and He keeps confirming that- Praise Him! I'm in a counseling relationship that is challenging and shaping my grief. My Lot Family is solid. Our church is launching a ministry I couldn't have a deeper heart for- sexual health and healing!

But these blessings have not come without much striving and struggling. My biggest enemy is numbness. It has almost been two years since my dad died and it's still not sinking in. My prayers for healing are constant, and the fight is relentless. But somehow, in the midst of these dark hours, God is able to bless me. My focus consistently is shifted to all He is doing in me here, and what He plans to do. I can't help but awe in Him and be thankful. But still my heart longs for Him to knock down walls and heal me.

Maybe this is all to simply teach me to trust. He's revealing His great works over and over, time and again, to prove to me my heart is penetrable. And to remind me He's still bent on answering my prayers from the night my father died.

Show me how to love You, to know that You love me. And show me how to love Your people.

Two years ago I ran out of ways to ask this. I have to believe it's still what He desires to answer. I know He's still hearing those prayers and still answering them to this day. 

He will not let go. 

Chelsy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment