Wednesday, March 21, 2012

24 Hours.

Dear Reader,

It's kinda crazy that in 24 hours I'll be finishing packing, driving with 28 others to Lamport and boarding the plane for Atlanta and then Quito. In 48 hours I'll be in the jungle. A week from now it'll all be over. This trip is going to be such a good opportunity. I cannot wait to come back with a changed perspective and hope to give others. This trip will drain me emotionally and physically, but somehow I know it will fill me up spiritually. I'm gonna come back broken and filled all at once. Most importantly we will be able to encourage the people of Ecuador, teach each other and give glory to the Lord.

Money has been a huge concern with this trip. It's been amazing to see God work in great ways with it. I turn in worry and He provides so much. It's been hard because bills and financial expectations don't go away, but He's been showing me He is more than able to give what I need. I can't wait to see Him do the same with others on the trip, with the people of Ecuador, and with our physical needs while we're there. Keep praying for us, just because the fund raising is over and we're down there doesn't mean we don't need support anymore.

In other news, I could NOT sleep last night due to excitement. I remember praying when half asleep that God would just shut my brain up. I kept dreaming about work and other random things. I get anxiety dreams when I'm excited or nervous and I wake up every five minutes because I have a dream I'm running late or something stupid. It's terrible!


Well, that's really all I have today. Just counting down the hours and praying for the trip. :]

Chelsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment