Monday, March 19, 2012

3 More Days.

Reader,

I started packing last night for Ecuador. As I was folding clothes, making mental preparations, and writing lists of what I still need, I began feeling the reality of this trip set in. In my mind I'm already in Ecuador, enjoying the jungle air, smelling dirty due to lack of showers, and playing soccer with the kids in Tana. I'm already in the airport lobby at Lamport, sitting around with my close friends in comfy clothes, waiting to make our way to Quito. There's still so much to do before Ecuador though. The list itself seems exhausting, but I'm really excited to accomplish so much in a such a little time (as long as I don't forget anything important)!

Yesterday I got to talk to so many encouraging people. I always want Sunday to be a day set apart from the rest of the week, this was truly was. In talking to Maria I felt myself growing closer to a good friend and we began to be a lot more vulnerable with each other. In hanging out with Ben I felt reunited with my best friend who I don't get to see very often, and encouraged by his genuine love for me, like a twin sister ;). Lastly, in talking to Brooke I felt like her big sister all over again, and love watching her grow and learn as time goes on.

Today, I'm working overtime. Got some coffee in me, and it should be a pretty good (but long) day.

God bless,


Chelsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment