Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Revelation.

Dear Reader,

Today I had a bit of a revelation. In reading Acts I've admired Paul's life, his willingness to follow, and his passion for people. Currently in my reading Paul is being wrongly accused, imprisoned, and will soon be put to death as an innocent Roman citizen. As I was comparing this to Christ's life I realized that both men were innocent, yet both men were put to death by false accusations.
Most often I don't take notice of this, but today I actually related with the Jews who hated these men in a way. To the Jews, they were being fervent for the Lord. They lacked the understanding and the ears to hear these men. They hear the whole story of Paul's ministry and when he begins talking about the Gentiles and grace, they ask for his death.
I realized today that I do the same to the Lord. Not by asking for His death, but hurling false accusations. In my heart I don't fully believe Him and His promises. I portray Him as something that He's not, just like the Jews made Paul and Jesus out to be blasphemers and liars. I think we have the tendency to believe the same. I find myself in the shoes of a lot of the people we often "condemn" in the Bible, like Jonah, Saul, Esau. I believe that may be why they're there.

I was also thinking today about the strangeness in human nature. The kind of thing Paul is talking about in Romans 7:15
"For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate."
I was thinking about this while eating breakfast this morning. I wondered why it is my taste buds love to eat the foods that aren't good for my body. It's like my taste buds are lying telling me something is good and to eat it, but then my stomach tells me the truth about that food.
It's just like our hearts and minds vs our actual soul. The mind says this makes sense, the heart says this feels right, but the Spirit whispers to our spirit that this is not good. I thought this was so eye opening today. That's why its so necessary to lean on the Word of the Lord, because that's where truth is.


Chelsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment