Monday, January 16, 2012

Look What I Can Do...

Dear Reader,
My day started with meeting with our new pastor, Lonnie, and having some awesome conversation. I never knew how desperately people need vulnerable interaction with each other until this past weekend and I'm learning a lot about myself and what steps I need to take to have better relationships with the people around me.
After we were done meeting, I stepped into the office of my other two pastors and worship leader, Brandon Castle and realized Marc had an eye of determination set on me. Recently, I had told him that I didn't want to fundraise for Ecuador because I didn't feel comfortable asking people for money. However, I left this conversation converted to another frame of mind. Marc, Brandon, and Jared used some triple-threat, bible-scholar power over me and made their point. Each of them are such wise men as individuals and they all made very valid arguments so that I left the conversation with a realization that I wasn't begging people to pay for me, but allowing them an opportunity to be a part of something.
Now, I'm at the Bucks again chillin and catching up on some thing that need to get done and talking to one of my favorite people, Tim Ward. Maria will be here in a little while to talk about the steps we need to take to make a push for We Love St. Charles, our church's non-profit organization, and will probably want updates on the happenings in my life.
What I'm really excited to share with you today, Reader, is what I did with all my down time this weekend. You see, I like to make stuff. So here's what I made:
this is an Iphone case. Made it out of a body wash container and some paper with a design on it.
this is the shirt before I dyed it. But what happened is I dyed it blue and the city-scape looks white-washed now. 
this was Annie's shirt. I believe she used a verse in Galatians.

And unfortunately I didn't take a picture of last night's multiple creations. It involved the same concept of dyed items. I made another shirt and restored some old dirty rags to their original splendor. The next project in line is a project I was making for Leandra's Christmas present (won't let in on that surprise) and some sweater alteration things. I'll keep you posted. 

Also, a tip for the day: DON'T BUY SKYRIM. It's the best/worst game ever. I'm so addicted, but I hate it so much. 

TTFN,

Chelsy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment