Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hunger Games Fever.

Reader,

I have an issue. At the airport on the way to Quito, I bought that darned book, the Hunger Games. I've knocked the thing on the head. I put down the first book in eight hours tops. I'm on the second one and it won't take long for that one either. I came home last night and it was all I could do.
I really love stories. Mostly because I love metaphors and books that teach you through the pictures they paint, which is why I love the OT (Old Testament) so much . It's reminded me how much I really do love reading too. I remind myself that I never did read this book or that one or I want to read such and such, because I seem to have lost sight of that recently. I love that it teaches me so much, and encourages me to do more.
I feel like it's one of the many things I've lost sight of since I lost my dad. I feel like this past year I've done a good job at playing the part. Go to school, go to work, go to church, do life. But emotionally, I've been the walking dead. I realized in Ecuador, I would get emotional so easily, at the smallest things. Even in the past few weeks at work and since Ecuador it's been that way. As if I'm a dam about to crack. Yet, all those things still don't seem real.
It's hard to know what to make of it or what to do. I could get counseling, which I plan to do, but that's going to make life a lot harder-bringing all of that back to the surface. People tell me I'm dealing with this well, but somehow I just don't feel that I am.

Skipping reading this morning is killing me. I hate that service might go to late for me to get some good reading in by the time I get home too. I need divine intervention daily if I hope to survive. That just keeps becoming more and more clear.

Chelsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment