Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Back to School?

Dear Reader,

Last night there was an amazing show at Picasso's coffee shop on Main Street featuring the most beautiful Sarah Lawson. If you've never heard of her it probably won't be much longer until you do. She's incredibly talented and if you're interested she has some covers posted on YouTube I believe. Watching Sarah play/sing always inspires me to do something in my own life. It's funny how music has the power to do that, especially live music. So, my thought is that I want to maybe take some classes at the community college in the fall.
When I think about college, people always want you to get your gen-eds out of the way first, so it's easier to get a degree. I'm not sure, but I think I wanna do some things that are actually going to be beneficial to me, considering I don't know if I need/want a degree right now. What I'm thinking of going into is art. I've always loved all forms of art, but I lack the confidence to be creative on my own. Writing has always come easily. Painting, drawing, music, and such have always been a little harder for me. However, getting a little experience and instruction might help me to feel more confident. Plus these types of classes are easy to manage with my work schedule. So I don't know what that looks like right now, but I'm going to keep considering it.

On another note, I've been considering public speaking or becoming some kind of awareness group. On Wednesday night at Matthias, we spoke on sexual immorality. I've realized that God has been extraordinarily gracious to me by rescuing me from the state of the old man and showing me it's possible to be made new, and whole, and to be fully healed. Something I long to do, is show other girls that this is possible, because I believe that we feed into the lies that nothing will change, and even if they do the scars are too deep. Lies like, "My husband couldn't love me," or "My reputation is forever ruined," or even, "God could never forgive me."
I'm asking God to use me to clear up these lies. He did a work in my life, although I was undeserving, and it was by grace alone. I find myself relating so much to Paul when I look at how graciously He rescued me and has healed me. There's still so much work to be done, but now I have confidence in the one who is doing the great work. I hope I can show others that confidence too.

Chelsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment