Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankfulness.

Reader,
So Colorado was great! I had such a good time and good news only 2 people left on crutches and only one got a concussion! Ha!
When I got back I spent some time with Ben on Tuesday and he came up to my room to work on homework and help me move some stuff back home. While I was rummaging through my fridge I noticed my clementines had gone VERY bad. They were covered in white and green fuzzy mold and I don't know about you, Reader, but I HATE mold. However, I then realized my entire fridge full of food had gone bad. Apparently the temperature gauge was not set right so a whole grocery trip was wasted... That sucked. What was worse was that there were fruit flies all over the clementines. So now my room is filled with those annoying little bugs and all I have in my fridge is a large jar of pickles. I found it funny and annoying at the same time.
Beyond that this week has been crazy, although it is getting easier since I finally finished my X-Large research paper. Still, although it has been busy it's been soooo good. My friend Hannah has been keeping me accountable to reading the Bible every day, and it's amazing how much that has changed me and kept me strong through everything. Beyond the physical blessings, God has really just been carrying my Spirit. For instance, I've begun meeting up with Lonnie, a new pastor at our church who's gift is in counseling. We're going to start talking about my dad and learning about what grieving looks like. Hopefully, by the end of this I'll feel a lot better about how I'm dealing with things.
Another awesome blessing has been just learning and taking in life. God has provided so many women around me to learn from, and is pushing me closer and closer to what He has planned for me in the future. Yesterday Tim, a huge inspirational figure in my life, came to me and told me about how proud he was of me, which meant so much in and of itself, but then extended a task for me to help him with Friday night worship at his house. He says they're in desperate need of disciplers and Lindsay and I are going to step up and help. I can't wait.
There is simply so much going on. I wish I wouldn't have been so busy, then I could share more with you as it is happening. Still, I can end by just sharing that God is overwhelming me with goodness. I'm praying consistently that He will give me more strength in days where things aren't as seemingly blessed, although every day is this good.


Chelsy.

2 comments:

  1. You must be feeling really special. On each and every day that god is giving you a job, a new car, guidance and all these other miracles and things you claim he gives you he let over 20,000 children die of preventable causes, many thousands of them dying the ugliest death of all - starvation. Yes, you are special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,
    That's obviously a sad fact and believe me if I could do more for that, I would. I think that we're blessed with things so that we can give them away, and that's definitely the plan. I hope that through this God is giving me a more gracious heart as well. A new job means more money to help others, a new car means I have a more reliable transportation to take people places or visit family, the guidance means God is showing me where I can be the most useful. Obviously there are things worth lamenting, as you can see I've talked about that previously on here, but there are so many blessings God gives daily that He deserves praise for.
    I hope this makes sense. I definitely appreciate your views, because it gives humility to the sense that not everyone lives in the same conditions as we do in America, and there is much need in the world.
    Thanks,

    Chelsy.

    ReplyDelete